Starting a blog in 2019 feels almost impossible and most certainly insignificant. YouTube is peaking and people just don’t seem to be able to consume content this isn’t audio/visual anymore.
The art of the blog might not be dead, but the audience is certainly on life support.
So why did I just start a blog?
- I already had a cool domain and didn’t want it to go to waste.
- I like to write and I feel that it is a muscle which requires constant exercise to keep it effective.
I hope that what I share is useful to anyone it might reach. Futile or not, if you have something useful, it’s worth the effort to share.
Should I start a blog in 2019?
If you’re working on a project, learning a skill or just have some interesting alternative thoughts, share what you do. I have a number of ideas which have been inactive for months. Keeping a frequent posting schedule has helped me follow through or at least put in action towards these ideas, in an effort to share them.
What can you expect to see on this blog?
The ideas and projects that I working on and hope to present to readers of this site in the forthcoming posts include:
- A Raspberry Pi based thermostat using python and webhooks to control a smart heater.
- Moving to a Linux laptop.
- A handy robocopy script to help you organise photos and videos taken on various cameras.
- Ways to save money and manage your monthly spending.
- A guide on building and configuring your own local DNS server.
- Streams of new photography, including tips and tricks.
- Camera lens and equipment reviews.
I’m a busy bee, with work and personal life, but I am hoping to maximize my time and bring some useful and enjoyable content your way in 2019.