Are you still waiting for your Windows 10 computer to receive the 20H2 update? Here is how to force the windows 10 20H2 update. For many, the update may already available the Windows 10 update settings:
Microsoft is staggering the over-the-air update as they usually do with new major releases. However if you are tired of hitting ‘check for updates’ in the windows 10 update settings, there is a way to press the issue:
Visit the official Windows 10 download site that allows you to download and install the in-place upgrade tool. This will handle the download and installation of the 20H2 update.
One tip for ensuring a seamless upgrade is to disable or suspend BitLocker or any other 3rd party full disk encryption system; particularly if you are upgrading from 1809 or earlier.
What’s new in 20H2?
Not much if we are honest and this likely why it marks to start of a new update naming convention.
- Refreshing updates from the Start menu to the Taskbar and more:
- The new version of Microsoft Edge by default for new installs – installed for those who upgrade.
- More updates for commercial and education customers:
- Simpler device management
- More secure biometric sign-on
- Stronger app protection